About Me

My photo
This blog existed originally as a project for my Journalism class as a Communications neophyte. But I decided to continue it still because I do love what I do, and I can't just leave this blog to rot. So far, I've got 2 blogs. The first one is a really bad version of a college-survival blog. And the second is a more personal blog dedicated to venting out the many debates that go on in my Egyptian head.

Friday 25 May 2012

I'm not a good writer.

I'm not a good writer. I like to imagine that I am, but I'm not. I like to think that I can write witty blogs and humorous tales, but I can't and I don't. At least I try to.

I still research before writing a blog post to get my facts straight, but I wish I didn't have to. I still find myself using a thesaurus just to find the right words to use. I'm almost perpetually at a loss for words, and words.. well, they're pretty important for writers.

I wish that one day, I could publish a book that I'd be wholly proud of, that wouldn't be hidden in the nook of a library that goes unnoticed and becomes the novel dwelling of a lonesome spider.

I read as much as I can and I find that the knowledge you learn through books are way more practicable than those from formal classes. The books I read make me feel more emotions than my own life does. My life's a bore, and everything I read inspires me. I wish I could be an amazing blogger with many followers, followers that actually read what I write and are inspired by my works. 

Is there a way to learn how to write well or are you born with it? If you're born with it, then, well.. is it developed or is it just there? If not, how do you learn to be a good writer? I know there are always tips and advices, but it's not all too easy too comply. I mean, if it was, wouldn't we all be good writers by now? Does time help you become better and if so, how exactly does that work? If I write for 5 years, am I bound to be novel-worthy?

I'm not a good writer. I like to imagine that I am, but I'm not. I like to think that I can write witty blogs and humorous tales, but I can't and I don't. At least.. At least I try to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment