About Me

My photo
This blog existed originally as a project for my Journalism class as a Communications neophyte. But I decided to continue it still because I do love what I do, and I can't just leave this blog to rot. So far, I've got 2 blogs. The first one is a really bad version of a college-survival blog. And the second is a more personal blog dedicated to venting out the many debates that go on in my Egyptian head.

Friday 24 August 2012

Befuddled little mind

For the past hour, I have been switching between 4 tabs attempting to finish a bloody blog post. I'd be writing one and then a lovely sentiment enters my mind that fits another post so I click on the other tab and the cycle goes on and on and on.
and on.
so I resolved to blog about that problem, cause let's face it, i probably wont be able to finish any of them tonight.

but by golly (i just said it in my head, and it sounded kind of lame, so much for being cool), i've got a lot of issues with myself, but this just has to be one of the more prominent ones.

I've always found myself to be a conflicted person. I already blogged about how I unfeignedly believe one doesnt ever have merely one personality, and I suppose with this comes a highly (and painfully) conflicted mind. Is there even a way though to fix that? Can you actually ever fix your thoughts? Make them line up according to importance.. and then dwell on each thought before proceeding to the other?

you know what? I like being the messy thinker that I am. It gives me the assurance that my mind is active and alive and full of colour. That's why I find myself with lots of notes in my phone cause I just have too many thoughts worth noting (in my opinion). You can't make yourself a less higgledy-piggledy thinker, but you can take note of each one of them instead of brushing them off. So here's a few things you could do so your thoughts don't go wasted:

  • type it down in your phone, iPad, tab, whatever the hell
  • bring a small notebook & pen with you (if you're that type)
  • borrow a pen from the closest person and write it on your hand
  • share it immediately with whoever you're with
that's all I really do, honestly. mostly the phone and sharing thing. The next time you complain about being a scatterbrain, embrace it. At least you're not limited to mundane thoughts, hm? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment