About Me

My photo
This blog existed originally as a project for my Journalism class as a Communications neophyte. But I decided to continue it still because I do love what I do, and I can't just leave this blog to rot. So far, I've got 2 blogs. The first one is a really bad version of a college-survival blog. And the second is a more personal blog dedicated to venting out the many debates that go on in my Egyptian head.

Thursday 9 August 2012

Negative inspiration


Going through my Tumblr posts, tagged tattoo, I found this here. I saw this roughly a year ago, and it was right at a moment when I was going through a tough time and it spoke to me a lot.

I considered myself artistically gifted in small ways. When inspired, I find that my creative juices just flow non stop. Many times my creations shock me and I wonder how I even had it in me. But other times, and unfortunately this is 90% of the time, these juices are non-existent.

But the reason this picture is relevant is because every time I'm at the peak of artsy creativity, it comes from negative emotions. I write songs when my parents make me depressed, I doodle amazing works when I feel sad, I write free-verse poems when I'm angry.

Perhaps the reason it works this way for me is because I hardly ever feel negative emotions in the first place. But mostly, I just can't see how positive emotions create inspiring works of art. Songs, poems, paintings, sketches.. I do them best when at my worst.

This post is incredibly messy and not well written due to distractions, but I wrote it, so might as well publish it. Again, going back to this sad post

No comments:

Post a Comment